You can periodically check this updates page for announcements about our new and improved features in the Gooten Admin.
September 7th, 2021
- Fixed an issue with syncing WooCommerce products to the Gooten Admin. The issue prevented the ability to sync products from a WooCommerce store for products with no SKUs that weren't handled in our system.
September 1st, 2021
- Fixed an issue that would cause misalignment and editing problems when attempting to edit the artwork of a product with any orientation.
August 18th, 2021
- Fixed an issue where if you had the Orders page bookmarked on your browser, it would take you to the Issues tab by default instead of the All tab on the Orders page.
August 17th, 2021
- Gooten will be re-introducing our annual Gooten Retreat initiative.
- This includes a global retreat week at Gooten that brings our employees together in one place to empower our teams so that we can ultimately improve and create the best experience for you, our partners.
- Our support staff and hours of operations for support will be changed during this time.
- You can learn more details about this in our Gooten Retreat article.
August 4th, 2021
- Integrated Stripe with the Gooten Admin to expand our payment processing platform.
- Gooten will use stripe for any Credit Card payments, and Braintree will continue to be used for any Paypal transactions.
- We have migrated our partners (active and inactive) and their payments to Stripe.
- Updated the Order Summary page to display the estimated Ship Date for each order item that has gone through the production process.
July 28th, 2021
- We're now displaying the Order Item Costs Breakdown on the Billing tab when viewing an order for all accounts.
- We've removed the "Scroll for more" option when there are 6+ items in your order on the Order Summary page. Now, all items will be loaded at once and can be viewed by continually scrolling without losing performance.
July 23rd, 2021
- Fixed an issue where some knowledge base links on the home page were not properly working.
July 21st, 2021
- We've added an embroidery disclaimer when you upload your artwork to your embroidery product during the product creation and editing process.
July 16th, 2021
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Partner Tax column to go missing when downloading a CSV from the Order Billing page.
July 5th, 2021
- Fixed an issue that would randomly sort and display the product variants depending on the variant size on the Image Editor page.
- Fixed an issue that would allow users to edit the shipping method even if there are items in the order in production or a post product status as long as there was an item in pre-production status.
- Fixed an issue with bulk uploading images for wall calendars in the product hub.
- Users would only be able to upload one image for both Januarys even though there are two Januarys in the calendar (A wall calendar typically includes January for the current year and the next year).
- We've added the ability to upload two separate images for the two different January months in the calendar.
July 2nd, 2021
- Updated the search functionality on the Orders page to allow the "/" special character.
- For example, you can search orders with specific products such as "AcrylicPrint_1/8in_24x24."
June 21st, 2021
- Released an API call that allows you to update the SKU of an item in your order.
- This API call allows you to update and change the existing SKU of an order item in your order.
- Check out our API documentation for updating the SKU of an item in your order for more information.
June 18th, 2021
- Introducing the option to create and place orders for apparel products with sleeve prints.
- For apparel products that have the sleeve print option available, you're able to add your artwork to each sleeve.
- You can place orders for apparel products with sleeve prints using the Gooten Admin or the API.
- `Check out our How to place orders for apparel products with sleeve prints article for more information.
June 11th, 2021
- Fixed an issue where the Neck Label option was unavailable or missing when editing your product on the Product Details page.
- The Neck Label option was not available under the Advanced section on this page.
June 10th, 2021
- Fixed an issue that would prevent you from publishing products with ProPreviews to your store in the Product Hub.
- Updated the user permissions to allow you to edit the shipping address or shipping method only if your order is in one of the following statuses:
June 9th, 2021
- Fixed an issue where the day range filter is not displayed even when no products are available in the Gooten Production Report.
June 8th, 2021
- Released an API call that allows you to update your shipping information for your orders.
- This API call allows you to update you're shipping address and shipping method for your orders.
- Check out our API documentation for updating the shipping address and method for more information.
- Fixed an issue that would display a "Something went wrong" error and prevent you from bulk uploading your artwork when editing the design for a product directly from your Cart page.
- Fixed an issue that would display a "Something went wrong" error and prevent you from bulk uploading your artwork when editing the SKU variants for your product on the Product Details page.
- Fixed an issue when publishing Etsy products that contain special characters in the tags. We've added validation to ensure that special characters cannot be added to the tags for Etsy products.
- Fixed an issue where changing the mockup option when editing a Shopify product would not save after publishing.
June 4th, 2021
- Updated the "Critical Order Notifications" and the "Order and Shipping Notifications" email preferences in the Gooten Admin to allow you to change the email preferences without affecting the other independently.
- Fixed a bug where not all the previews were being generated when switching the SKU orientation for a product on the product preview page in the Product Hub.
June 1st, 2021
- Improved our system to save your main mockup image for your product for future use.
- This feature improvement prevents you from constantly changing your product mockup image when editing the product.
- Previously, when you edit a product, your mockup images are reset, and it would change your main mockup image for your product.
- Disabled the ability to edit shipping addresses for orders with an "InProduction" or "Shipped" status.
- This is disabled to ensure that the address used for the order does not get changed, which results in fewer mistakes when shipping your orders.
May 25th, 2021
- Introducing the option to split your orders that have multiple personalized products.
- For orders that have a personalized product with multiple quantities, you have an option to either personalize one product or personalize each product quantity.
- You can only split the order if the order contains personalized products with multiple quantities and the order is not in production.
- Splitting your orders will keep the original order, and our system will add a new line item in the original order. It will also update the quantity of the original order. This will allow you to upload your artwork for each line item.
- Check out our personalization article for more information on how to split your orders.
May 21st, 2021
- Improved our CSV Order Import feature in the Gooten Admin to allow you to match an SKU from the product hub as well as a Gooten SKU.
- The Friendly SKU column can be used to enter a Gooten SKU or an SKU from your product hub.
- If you are not using a Gooten SKU and are using an SKU from the product hub, you have the option to leave the OutputURL, ThumbnailURL, and Personalize columns blank.
- Check out what the Friendly SKU column looks like with both a Gooten SKU and SKU from the product hub in our Place and Order article.
May 20th, 2021
- Fixed an issue where the changes were not saved when updating the SKU of a product published to Shopify from the Gooten Admin.
- This was an issue that was affecting both Mugs and Framed Prints.
May 17th, 2021
- Improved the overall BigCommerce signup flow experience during the Gooten signup process.
- Added additional validation on the URL and new help text for the BigCommerce signup flow.
- The BigCommerce URL will open in a new tab/window when you provide your store URL during the Gooten signup process with BigCommerce.
May 10th, 2021
- Updated the text for the button in the Variants section from "Add new variant" to "Edit Variants."
- This button allows you to add or remove variants rather than adding a new variant to your product.
- This applies to the variant section when editing a product on the Product Details page.
- Fixed a text spacing issue for the "No store connected" warning message on the Orders page when you have no orders placed yet.
May 5th, 2021
- Updated the pricing when viewing the product and shipping prices directly from the Product Catalog in the Gooten Admin.
- The pricing modal will now display more detailed breakdowns in pricing depending on the product.
- Check out how to view product prices with our product pricing article.
May 4th, 2021
- Updated the Checkout page of the manual Place an Order process to include the estimated production times for the products ordered.
- You'll see the estimated production time for your ordering products on the Checkout page and under the Shipping section.
- The estimated production times will vary depending on the product, and we use historical data to generate this value.
- Updated the Order Summary when viewing an order to include the estimated ship date for the products ordered.
- You can find the ship date in the Order Items section on the Order Summary page.
- The ship date will only be displayed when there is enough collected data and can only be seen when the item is in a Production or Post-Production status (e.g., shipped status).
April 26th, 2021
- Fixed an issue that would cause a UI issue when highlighting the Update Status dropdown in the Status tab in an order view.
- Updated the text from "Select Product" to "Create Product" in the product card menu. This is viewable when you click on the menu of a product in the product catalog.
April 22nd, 2021
- Introduced the ability to view the product and shipping prices directly from the Product Catalog in the Gooten Admin.
- This is beneficial as it lets you preview a modal with the product prices allowing you to view and evaluate prices dependent on your business needs.
- You can view a modal of your product prices directly from the Product Catalog.
- Check out where to find the product pricing in our Product Catalog.
April 19th, 2021
- Added a collection and custom mockup column when performing a CSV product import migration by our team.
April 14th, 2021
- Fixed an issue that would not save all the product options for WooCommerce products when publishing in the Product Hub.
- Previously, if you tried to publish a product to your WooCommerce store from a different tab in the Product Hub, it would not save all the changed product options.
- For example, if you tried to publish a product and change it from one to two product options from the Etsy tab to your WooCommerce store, it would only keep the initial product option.
April 13th, 2021
- Removed the onboarding steps on the home page of the Gooten Admin for partners that are on credit terms and have at least one order in the system.
- Previously, the onboarding steps would still be displayed with the billing setup step unfinished even if your account was on credit terms.
April 12th, 2021
- Added support for the WooCommerce plugin version 5.1+
- This added support helps resolve an issue that would cause users to be unable to connect their WooCommerce store with Gooten.
April 9th, 2021
- Fixed an issue that would redirect you to the old orders page after placing an order via CSV.
- Fixed a minor issue where some text was missing spaces between words throughout the Gooten Admin.
- Removed the "new" text from the Orders page in the Gooten Admin.
April 7th, 2021
- Released our brand new BigCommerce integration directly within the Gooten Admin!
- This integration allows you to connect your BigCommerce store with Gooten to start creating, syncing and fulfilling your BigCommerce products through Gooten.
- Our new Gooten app can be found and downloaded directly in the BigCommerce marketplace.
- Check out our BigCommerce Integration article to get started with connecting and using your BigCommerce store with Gooten.
April 6th, 2021
- Added a 3rd product option column when performing a CSV product import migration by our team.
- The product-option-3 column is useful as Shopify allows for 3 product options to be created.
- If the column is not filled out, the product will be created with only 2 options.
April 5th, 2021
- Updated the Gooten Production Report to display "<1%" for all values with a percentage of less than 1%.
- Your data will still display "-" when there is no data available for the specific column.
March 25th, 2021
- Introduced the ability to download the product and shipping prices directly from the Product Catalog in the Gooten Admin.
- This is beneficial as it lets you download a CSV of the product prices, allowing you to view and evaluate prices dependent on your business needs.
- You can download a CSV of the product prices directly from the Product Catalog.
- Check out where to find the product pricing in our Product Catalog.
- Fixed an image orientation issue on our image editor to display incorrect error messages and randomly flipped image orientations.
March 19th, 2021
- Updated the Image Editor alignment options within the Image Editor page.
- Added the "Align Horizontal" option to center your artwork on the product horizontally.
- Added the "Align Vertical" option to center your artwork on the product vertically.
- Removed the "Center" option, which would center your artwork in the middle of the product, and replaced it with the two options above.
March 18th, 2021
- Introduced our brand new Gooten production report that allows you to track the time it takes your orders to be in production.
- This feature lets you see the production time history of your products being produced.
- This is beneficial as it provides you with a better understanding of how long your orders take to get produced.
- You can find your Gooten production report directly on the Home page of the Gooten Admin.
- Check out our Gooten Production Report article to view what it looks like!
March 15th, 2021
- Introduced the ability to create and enable personalized packing slips for your orders.
- This feature allows you to personalize your branding and messaging information printed on your order's packing slip when shipped to your customers.
- This is available for all of your orders where our vendors accept custom packing slips.
- Check out how to set this up with our Customized Packing Slips article.
March 11th, 2021
- Fixed an issue to properly display an error message when an item is unavailable to be shipped to the selected country.
March 5th, 2021
- Added a new column to the order reports on the Reports page.
- Added the "SentToVendorDate" column that exports and displays the date that the order was sent to the vendor.
March 4th, 2021
- Fixed a couple of exporting issues when exporting via the Reports page.
- Fixed an issue where the OrderItemNumber column option was available when the Shop dropdown had the "Orders" mode selected.
- Fixed an issue that would not export the StoreName, ShippingMethod, and PartnerChargeAmount columns if they were selected when exporting.
- Fixed a couple of exporting issues when exporting via the Orders page.
- Fixed an issue that would export the OrderItemNumber column when exporting via the Orders table view mode.
- Fixed an issue where the PartnerChargeAmount column would not be exported when exporting via the Orders table view mode.
- Fixed an issue where the ShippingMethod column would not be exported via the Order Items table view mode.
March 3rd, 2021
- Added the ability to add recipients to receive email notifications for your rejected orders in our system.
- You'll manage the list of recipients that receive these email notifications in the Critical Order Notifications section in the Profile tab of the Settings page.
- By default, the email that you use to login to the Gooten Admin will automatically be used.
- Check out how to manage what users can receive these rejected order notifications.
March 1st, 2021
- Fixed an issue that would cause an application error and prevent you from exporting a CSV report of your selected orders on the Orders page.
- Updated the placeholder text from "Shipping Name" to "Shipping Last Name" in the advanced filters for the Orders page.
February 26th, 2021
- Added the ability to download and save your invoices in a PDF format directly in the Gooten Admin.
- Your invoices can be downloaded from the Billing History section within the Billings tab of the Settings page.
February 23rd, 2021
- Added the Partner VIM status when viewing an individual order in your system.
- The Partner VIM status is found in the Partner Info section on the Order Summary page when you click into an individual order.
- Fixed an issue to prevent the BillRefunded status from changing to the Shipped status for orders.
- Once an order is in the BillRefunded status, Gooten prevents moving orders out of this status.
February 22nd, 2021
- Added an Orientation column when performing a CSV product import migration by our team.
- The Orientation column supports both portrait and landscape orientation.
- If this field is not filled in or is missing a value, then the default orientation (portrait) will be applied.
February 19th, 2021
- Introduced the ability to submit sample orders via the API and/or manually place an order using the Place an Order page.
- This feature allows you to submit specific items in your order as samples.
- You can submit items as samples on the Cart page after placing an order using the Place an Order page.
- Please be aware that sample orders are not free and that you will still be charged for these as normal orders when they are moved to production.
- Check out how to submit a sample order in our knowledge base article.
February 15th, 2021
- Introduced the option to edit your shipping method when viewing your individual orders in the Gooten Admin.
- This feature allows you to update your shipping method once the order is in our system.
- This feature is useful as it allows you to upgrade or change the shipping method based on your customer's request.
- You can only update the shipping method before the payment is collected for the order.
- Check out how to edit your shipping method in our knowledge base article.
February 11th, 2021
- Introduced the Hold for Personalization feature that can be used for only the products that require personalization in your store.
- This feature allows you to minimize any delays or impacts for your store products without any personalization.
- You'll be able to increase the speed to send orders to production, including a mix of personalized and non-personalized orders.
- Check out how you can set up the Hold for Personalization feature for individual store products in our Offering personalized products article.
- Added a Personalize column to the CSV template file when performing a CSV bulk import.
- The Personalize column can be filled out as true or false.
- This field will apply the NeedsPersonalization status to the ordered item, which allows you to make personal changes to the ordered item before it is sent to production.
February 8th, 2021
- Improved the custom return address feature to include an address validation when a custom return address is entered.
- All addresses are validated by using the UPS address validation algorithm.
- When entering your custom return address, you can use the suggested address or continue using what you have previously entered as the address.
February 2nd, 2021
- Released a new feature that allows you to set up and provide a custom return address for your orders.
- This feature allows you to configure the address on the return label in the scenario that your customer's order is not delivered and is returned to the address.
- This feature allows you to manage returns from your customer in a timely manner.
- Check out how you can set up your custom return address in our Returns article.
January 19th, 2021
- Improved our address validation service to increase the accuracy when checking for valid addresses entered in the Gooten Admin.
January 14th, 2021
- Updated the general text and links for the Out of Stock and Discontinued tooltips in the Gooten Admin.
- Fixed an issue where the images for Wall Calendars could not be edited from the Orders page image editor.
- Fixed an issue that affected the image editor for All-Over Print Sweatshirts.
- Fixed an issue where completing a successful image edit update would sometimes redirect to the "Something Went Wrong" page.
January 1st, 2021
- Updated the VIM progress tracker in the Gooten Admin to a progress bar that tracks your annual spending and progress towards the next VIM status.
December 20th, 2020
- Fixed an image orientation issue on the SKU selection page, resulting in the wrong orientation in the image editor and preview pages.
- This would occur when you select an orientation on the SKU selection page, upload your design on the image editor page and then go back to the SKU selection page to change the orientation again.
December 29th, 2020
- Fixed an issue with the item orientation when editing an image directly from the New Orders page.
- The default orientation is opened in the image editor if you open and edit the image from the New Orders page.
December 23rd, 2020
- Fixed a broken knowledge base link in the Storage tab of the Product Hub in the Gooten Admin.
December 21st, 2020
- Added a knowledge base link that points to the Out of Stock Updates article to the Out of Stock tooltip in the Gooten Admin.
December 12th, 2020
- Provided an option to replace and change the variant when products are out of stock in your order.
- If you have an order with an out of stock item, you'll have an option provided that allows you to replace the out-of-stock item with a different product SKU.
December 11th, 2020
Fixed an issue using the add product variant feature to edit any existing product variant options in Etsy.
Users would have to disconnect their variant first and then make any changes (add a variant) if they wanted to edit any existing product variant options for their Etsy products. This issue is now resolved.
December 10th, 2020
- Added the ability to view when products are out of stock and unavailable with a tooltip
- When there are product SKUs in the Gooten Admin we offer temporarily out of stock; you will be displayed an Out of Stock tooltip.
December 9th, 2020
- Implemented a Captcha system that prevents brute force attacks on your account and increases account security to improve your Gooten experience.
- The Captcha system is specifically added to the login page of the Gooten Admin.
- The Captcha will appear after 10 failed attempts to log into your Gooten account.
December 7th, 2020
- Released a new add variant feature that allows you to add variants to your existing products.
- This feature will also update all your connected stores with the variant changes, including the price, description, mockups, etc.)
- Your connected stores will reflect the most up-to-date variants for your products.
- Check out our Add Product Variants article to learn how to use our new feature!
- Released an option to select the image orientation when uploading your artwork to the product.
- This feature allows you to select the correct orientation on your product before it's printed.
- Check out the Image Orientation section to learn how to utilize it when uploading your artwork to your product.
November 16th, 2020
- Added the holiday shipping surcharge to all orders through the Gooten Admin system.
- For more information on the current holiday shipping surcharge, please view our Holiday Shipping Surcharges article.
November 12th, 2020
- Added the feature to properly display a tooltip for discontinued product SKUs.
- For product SKUs that Gooten no longer offers, you will be displayed a Discontinued tooltip.
November 2nd, 2020
New and Improved Features
- Gooten will now be charging a sales tax to all merchant partners for each order in jurisdictions where they have crossed applicable sales tax thresholds.
- Created and implemented a new design for the Orders page in the Gooten Admin.
- The newly updated interface of the orders page introduces a new way to search/filter orders, a redesigned look for viewing an individual order, and a unique image editor.
- Check out the New Orders page update article to look into what's new on the Orders page.
October 1st, 2020
New and Improved Features
- Introduced the Gooten VIM program, a new loyalty program, for all merchant partners in the Gooten Admin.
- You can now view your current VIM status and benefits directly within the Profile page of the Gooten Admin.
- Check out the How to track and view your VIM status progress article to learn where you can find it in the Admin.
- Provided a link to set up your sales tax exemptions by creating and managing your exemption certificates through Avalara's CertCapture platform.
- You can access their platform directly within the Billings Tab of the Settings page in the Gooten Admin.
- Learn how to get to Avalara's CertCapture platform by following our Setting up Sales Tax Exemptions article.
September 29th, 2020
New and Improved Features
- Released a new delete variant feature that allows you to remove variants from your existing products.
- This feature will also update all your connected stores with the variant change, including the price, description, mockups, etc.)
- Your connected stores will reflect the most up-to-date variants for your products.
- Check out our Delete Product Variants article to learn how to use our new feature!
September 11th, 2020
- Fixed an issue where you would sometimes get a red warning notification when you try to change the status of your order to "Cancelled" from any other status.
- Fixed a UI issue where the Order Total would not include the item Subtotal when trying to place a duplicate order using the duplicate order button.
September 9th, 2020
- Fixed minor UI issues with the Store page and the flow of disconnecting a store.
- Updated the splash art on the Store page for partners that have no connected stores to their account.
September 2nd, 2020
- Fixed a bug that caused the radio buttons to collide with the description text on the checkout page.
August 24th, 2020
New and Improved Features
- Released a new Store page to the Gooten Admin that is available on the left navigation menu.
- This page contains a list of all connected stores for your account.
- If there are connected stores, it will also display the number of synced products from the Product Hub.
- You can connect and disconnect your stores (Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce) on this page.