We know you might have questions regarding the holiday shipping surcharges but don't worry. We're here to help answer your questions!
You can find the most frequently asked questions and answers to them below.
What are these holiday shipping surcharges?
- As of October 29, 2023, we are applying temporary peak-season shipping surcharges to each order varying by product this holiday season. Only one surcharge will be added to each order, regardless of the number of products in that order. This surcharge is in response to the peak-season surcharges recently implemented by major domestic shipping carriers and the overall rise in shipping costs.
What shipping carriers are applying these shipping surcharges?
Unlike prior years, we are excited to share that UPS Mail Innovations and USPS will NOT be imposing peak season demand charges this year for lightweight small packages. The majority of single-item apparel and drinkware units typically fall into this category.
However, UPS and FedEx will be applying temporary peak-season demand shipping surcharges to packages above a certain size and these surcharges start at $2.50. Gooten will align our surcharges with the carriers.
When will these holiday surcharges go into effect?
- The shipping surcharges will go into effect from October 29, 2023 to January 13th, 2024.
Will I get charged automatically by Gooten for these holiday surcharges?
- Yes, Gooten will automatically charge you the holiday surcharges. The surcharge will be a separate line item in the Billing tab for your order. You can see the surcharge as a line item on your invoice if you have a transaction with us via credit terms.
What Gooten products are these holiday surcharges applied to?
- The holiday surcharges will be applied to all Gooten products in our catalog.
Where can I find out how much these holiday surcharges are for each product?
- You can find the holiday surcharges on our 2023 Peak-Season Shipping Surcharges with the surcharges by product. You can view the holiday surcharges per group on a product category level.
If I have an order with multiple shipped packages, will I be paying for multiple surcharges?
- No, the holiday shipping surcharges are applied at the per-order level. You will only have to pay for the holiday shipping surcharge once, even if your order contains one or multiple items.
- For orders containing multiple product types, the surcharge you will be paying will be the highest selected surcharge of the products in your order.
- Example: If you have an order with a t-shirt with a surcharge of $0.00 and a canvas with a surcharge of $2.5, you will be charged $2.5 as the overall surcharge for your order.
Will Gooten be updating my products in my store to reflect the holiday shipping surcharge?
- No, Gooten will not be able to update your store to reflect the shipping surcharge amounts. This is due to the various ways our partners charge for shipping within their business models.
- If you want to recoup the shipping charges for your orders, you can increase product and shipping costs or add a service fee.
What happens if I place an order with Gooten using the Place an Order form?
- You will be billed for a holiday shipping surcharge at the time of checkout for your order.
What happens if I use Gooten's Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and/or API integrations?
- The holiday surcharge will not automatically be applied to your products in your stores, and your customers will not be automatically charged with the shipping surcharge or if you're pulling shipping rates from the Gooten API to show to your customers.
- If you want to account for the holiday shipping surcharge, you can increase product and shipping costs or add a service fee. If you make any of these changes, you must change them manually in your store.
What happens if I request a reprint or refund? Will I have to pay a surcharge on the reprint order? Will I get the surcharge refunded for a refunded order?
- If you were issued a full refund for your order, Gooten would also refund the surcharge in full. If we are processing a full reprint covered by us, you will not have to pay an additional surcharge on the reprint order.