We know you might have a lot of questions regarding the holiday shipping surcharges but don't worry, we're here to help answer your questions!
You can find the most frequently asked questions and answers to them below.
What are these holiday shipping surcharges?
- As of November 15th, 2020, the major shipping carriers are applying a temporary shipping surcharge for all package deliveries this holiday season. This surcharge is in response to the current economic climate and increased demand for online shopping for the expected holiday season.
What shipping carriers are applying these shipping surcharges?
- All major US carriers will be applying surcharges.
When will these holiday surcharges go into effect?
- The shipping surcharges will go into effect from November 15th, 2020 to January 15th, 2021.
Will I get charged automatically by Gooten for these holiday surcharges?
- Yes, Gooten will automatically charge you the holiday surcharges. The surcharge will be a separate line item in the Billing tab for your order. You will be able to see the surcharge as a line item on your invoice if you have a transaction with us via credit terms.
What Gooten products are these holiday surcharges applied to?
- The holiday surcharges will be applied to all Gooten products in our catalog.
Where can I find how much these holiday surcharges are for each product?
- You can find the holiday surcharges on our Gooten Flat Shipping Prices document. You can view the holiday shipping surcharges by viewing the Holiday 2020 Surcharges tab. This tab will be updated with the latest costs for the holiday surcharges.
What shipments are these holiday surcharges applied to?
- The surcharges will be applied for the US-to-US shipments only. This includes standard, expedited, and overnight shipments.
If I have an order with multiple shipped packages, will I be paying for multiple surcharges?
- No, the holiday shipping surcharges are applied at the per-order level. You will only have to pay for the holiday shipping surcharge once even if your order contains one or multiple items.
- For orders that contain multiple product types, the surcharge that you will be paying will be the highest selected surcharge of the products in your order.
- Example: If you have an order with a t-shirt with a surcharge of $0.24 and a canvas with a surcharge of $2, you will be charged $2 as the overall surcharge for your order.
Will Gooten be updating my products in my store to reflect the holiday shipping surcharge?
- No, Gooten will not be able to update your store to reflect the shipping surcharge amounts. This is due to the various ways our partners charge for shipping within their business models.
- If you want to recoup the shipping charges for your orders, you have the option to increase product costs, shipping costs, or adding in a service fee.
What happens if I place an order with Gooten using the Place an Order form?
- You will be billed for a holiday shipping surcharge at the time of checkout for your order.
What happens if I'm using Gooten's Shopify, Etsy, and/or WooCommerce integrations?
- The holiday surcharge will not automatically be applied to your products in your stores and your customers will not be automatically charged with the shipping surcharge.
- If you want to account for the holiday shipping surcharge, you have the option to increase product costs, shipping costs, or adding in a service fee. If you make any of these changes, you will need to change them manually in your store.
What happens if I'm using Gooten's API integration?
- The holiday surcharge will not automatically be applied to your products and your customers will not be automatically charged with the shipping surcharge if you're pulling shipping rates from the Gooten API to show to your customers.
- If you want to account for the holiday shipping surcharge, you have the option to increase product costs, shipping costs, or adding in a service fee. If you make any of these changes, you will need to change them manually.
What happens if I requested a reprint or refund? Will I have to pay a surcharge on the reprint order? Will I get the surcharge refunded for a refunded order?
- If you were issued a full refund for your order, Gooten will refund the surcharge in full as well. If we are processing a full reprint that is covered by us, you will not have to pay for an additional surcharge on the reprint order.