As we come closer to the holiday season, production and shipping timeframes tend to have increasing variances in time, especially in the current economic climate. Please be aware that there may be more disruptions than usual this holiday season when it comes to production and shipping.
Holiday Order Submission Dates
We highly recommend that you encourage your customers to order as early as possible to ensure they receive their packages in a timely manner for the holiday season. The table below is our recommendation of when your customers should submit their orders for the holidays.
|Shipping Method||Submit orders within this timeframe|
|US Standard||12/4 - 12/8|
|US Expedited||12/9 - 12/12|
|US Overnight||12/13 - 12/15|
|International Shipping||11/23 - 11/30|
|International Shipping (Australia) for products shipping from non-AUS to AUS||11/23 - 11/25|
Holiday Order FAQ
Let's check out and answer some questions that you may have about holiday orders and these submission dates!
As part of the VIM program, Elite and Pro partners are supposed to receive tailored guidance on production times. How is this guidance provided?
- If you're an Elite or Pro partner, please contact your account manager to set up a call to review the submission dates for your business if you haven't already heard from them.
Are these order submission dates when I need to have my order submitted in Gooten? If my order is sitting in the "Needs Customization" status, does it count as being submitted in the Gooten system?
- No, the dates shown above are when your order must be in the "In Production" status. If any of your orders are in Gooten but not moved to the "In Production" status, it does not count as being submitted within the order submission timeframe.
How are these holiday order submission date ranges determined?
- These ranges are based on our typical production and shipping timeframes for orders.
- The majority of orders will spend 4-5 business days in production.
- For domestic orders (US to the US), standard shipping is a week in transit, expedited shipping is 3-4 days in transit, and overnight is 1-2 days in transit.
- For international orders (the US to non-US), most orders spend up to 21 days in transit and can reach upwards to 30 days.
How confident is Gooten in these order submission date ranges, production, and shipping timeframes for the upcoming holiday season?
- We've collected and analyzed months of historical data and have communicated heavily with our manufacturing partners for this upcoming holiday peak season. These ranges are our best estimate but with COVID-19, there may be uncertainty, risk, and expected shipping delays.
Will I be updated by Gooten if these order submission dates shift or change?
- Yes!, we will update our order submission guidance here on this page with any updated dates. We will also send periodic email updates related to production and shipping times throughout November and December.
Does Gooten guarantee delivery by the Christmas holiday?
- No, we do not provide any guarantees in regards to our production and shipping timeframes. All of our dates are estimates and should be used as guidance to help set promotion schedules and with this, we do not guarantee deliver-by dates.
- As we approach the unusual holiday season and given that there are many factors that can disrupt delivery timeframes, we strongly suggest that you set your customer expectations upfront by:
- Reminding your customers to order as early as possible before our suggested submission dates above.
- Not promising a guaranteed delivery date to your customers.
What happens if I have an order that ships late or gets delayed in transit and it doesn't arrive by Christmas? Will Gooten refund me?
- No, Gooten will not provide refunds for any late orders. We're very sorry for any inconvenience if your package did not arrive in time, but late orders are a scenario that occurs every year with major retailers. If your customer receives a late package, we recommend you to offer your customer a discount off their next purchase as a courtesy.
What can actually cause production delays?
- One of the biggest causes of production delays is if there needs to be an order change or update.
- Gooten does not accept changes or updates to a product in your order if it has gone into the "In Production" status in our system.
- Labor-intensive products typically are the first to slow down in the production process as they tend to take a longer time to produce (items that are cut/sewn).
- Stock and raw material shortages for products can cause delays especially when a manufacturer is waiting on an incoming shipment or if there are any supply chain issues.
- Orders with only a single item move through production much faster because they don't get held up at the fulfillment station. Orders with multiple items may have to wait for other items to catch up before getting packaged which may cause additional delays.