Our apparel substitution policy increases the overall order workflow to ensure your orders are fulfilled.
You can find the most frequently asked questions and answers to them below.
What is the apparel substitution policy and how does Gooten handle substitutions for out-of-stock apparel products?
- If your order has a product out-of-stock, Gooten will substitute like-for-like garments on your behalf. We will only substitute garments if the new garment has a color-match and if the new garment is equal or of greater quality compared to the original garment.
Does this only apply to apparel products?
- Yes, this policy applies only to our apparel products, and other products we offer are not affected.
When will this apparel substitution policy go into effect?
- This policy will be put into effect on November 1st, 2020.
Will I need to approve the substitutions for my orders in my account?
- No, the Gooten team will automatically authorize all substitutions for you.
Am I able to opt-out of having substituted garments sent?
- No, the apparel substitution policy will be applied to all current partners and you cannot opt-out at this time.
What do I do if one of my customers received a substitution garment and wants a refund/replacement?
- Gooten does not offer refunds or replacements for substitution garments as long as the new substituted garment meets our color-match and quality criteria. We recommend that you let your customers know that underlying garments received may have variance during periods of high order volume (holiday peak season).
Where can I find the garments that are currently out-of-stock?
- Please refer to the out-of-stock chart at the bottom of the Production and Shipping Time article.
Where can I find the garments that might require a substitution?
- You can find the list of pre-approved substitution garments in this document. This list is subject to change based on the availability of substitute garments.