Our substitution policy increases the overall order workflow to ensure your orders are fulfilled.
You can find the most frequently asked questions and answers to them below.
What is the substitution policy and how does Gooten handle substitutions for out of stock products?
- If your order has a product out of stock, Gooten will substitute like-for-like products on your behalf. We will only substitute products if the new product has a color match and if the new product is equal or of greater quality compared to the original product.
What products does this apply to?
- This policy applies to mostly apparel products, but this also applies to non-apparel products as long as we can find a like-for-like product that matches.
Will I need to approve the substitutions for my orders in my account?
- No, the Gooten team will automatically authorize all substitutions for you.
Am I able to opt out of having substituted garments sent?
- No, the substitution policy will be applied to all current partners and you cannot opt-out at this time.
What do I do if one of my customers received a substitution product and wants a refund/replacement?
- Gooten does not offer refunds or replacements for substitution products as long as the new substituted products meet our color-match and quality criteria. We recommend that you let your customers know that underlying products received may have variance during periods of high order volume (holiday peak season).
Where can I find the products that are currently out of stock?
- Please refer to our Out of Stock Updates page for more information about temporarily out of stock apparel products, non-apparel products, and any discontinued products.