Our substitution policy increases the overall order workflow to ensure your orders are fulfilled.
You can find the most frequently asked questions and answers to them below.
What is the substitution policy, and how does Gooten handle substitutions for out-of-stock products?
- If your order has a product out of stock, Gooten will automatically substitute like-for-like products on your behalf from our existing substitution list. We will only substitute products if the new product has a color/size match and if the new product is equal to or of greater quality than the original product.
- If we can not find an adequate substitute where the color/size match is equal or of greater quality for an out-of-stock product, we will substitute it with a different product of the same color and size from the substitution list.
Where can I find the apparel substitution list?
- You can find the list of substituted apparel on our apparel substitution list document.
What happens if there are no substitute garments?
- The order will be canceled and refunded. You will be notified if this occurs.
What products does this apply to?
- This policy applies mostly to apparel products and non-apparel products as long as we find a like-for-like product that matches.
Will I need to approve the substitutions for my orders in my account?
- No, the Gooten team will automatically authorize all substitutions for you.
Am I able to opt out of having substituted garments sent?
- No, the substitution policy will be applied to all current partners, and you cannot opt-out.
What do I do if one of my customers receives a substitution product and wants a refund/replacement?
- Gooten does not offer refunds or replacements for substitute products as long as the new products meet our color match and quality criteria. We recommend that you let your customers know that underlying products received may have variance during periods of high order volume (holiday peak season).
Where can I find the garments that might require a substitution?
- You can find the list of pre-approved substitution garments in this document. This list is subject to change based on the availability of substitute garments.
Where can I find the products that are currently out of stock?
- Please refer to our Out of Stock Updates page for more information about temporarily out-of-stock apparel products, non-apparel products, and any discontinued products.