You can cancel an order, place it on hold in our system, edit the shipping address, or replace the image of one or more items within an order as long as the order has not reached the In Production status.
Table of contents
You can still make changes to your order while it's in the Pending status in Gooten Admin. Orders only stay in pending for 1-2 hours. If you’d like to extend your pending time, so you have a longer window to make changes, you can make the change it in your account settings:
Your pending time may be any number of hours between 2 and 99.
If your order has already gone into production at one of our vendors, we’re unfortunately unable to make any changes.
Cancel your order
If your order is “In production” or “Printing,” you cannot make any changes. If your order is in any of the following statuses: Pending, NeedsManualApproval, AddressIssue, ImageIssue, or VendorAPIIssue, you can change the status to Hold or Cancelled. If your order is already on Hold, you can change the status to Cancelled.
- Locate the order on the “Orders” tab in our admin system and click on it. Then navigate to the Status tab. Click the item(s) you’d like to put in another status, choose the status, enter a comment, and click on a “Change Status” button.
- If you put your order on Hold and would like it to go to production, you cannot push it to production yourself. You will need to reach out to our support team so we can push it into production for you.
Orders are not charged until they are sent to production. No refund requests are needed for orders canceled from any of the above statuses.
Change the delivery address for an order
If your order is labeled as “pending,” you can change the shipping and billing address within the Summary section of an individual order.
- Locate the order on the “Orders” tab in our admin system and click on it. Then navigate to the Summary tab. On the left side, you will see a blue “Edit Shipping Address” button. Just click on it and enter the new shipping address. Keep in mind that if you edit the address after the order has been sent to production, the order will get shipped to the originally provided address.
Change the artwork for an order you've already submitted
If your order is labeled as “pending,” you can change the status to hold and then change the artwork to be printed on the product by following the steps below:
- Locate the order on the “Orders” tab in our admin system and click on it. Then navigate to the “Images” tab. Below the image, you will see a green “Change Image” button.
- Once you’ve clicked that button, a small white window will appear, where you can upload the image directly from your computer or via URL.
- In case you’re uploading a new image, please make sure the file is up to specs since the image editor cannot be used on this page.
Once you upload the new image, you can place your order on hold and let partner support know, so that we can push the order into production.
Change the SKU, quantity or shipping method in existing orders
If you or your customer noticed that a wrong size or color of your product was ordered, you can easily update it with a few clicks, inside the order in your Gooten dashboard, before the order is sent to production:
- Open the order
- Scroll down until you get to the SKU you wish to update
- Click on the Change SKU button
- A pop-up window will appear and you will be offered to choose between the existing variants of the same product.
- Select the variant/SKU you wish to use as a replacement, and save the change
- Once the new SKU is added, the order data, including the item costs, will be adjusted to reflect the change you made.
The Change SKU option works with orders submitted in your Etsy, Shopify, and WooCommerce stores, as well as for orders submitted via API integration.
Currently, it is not possible to update the product quantity nor the shipping method, in an existing order. However, if this is the change you need to make and your order is not In Production nor in Printing, you can cancel the order and place a new one with the desired changes.
Please check out our short video tutorial showing how to locate an order, change the shipping address, change the design, or change the order status in Gooten's Admin panel:
Change or cancel orders that are in production
If your order is In Production and you would like to make some last-minute changes (product and address updates, shipping method changes), please note that we are currently unable to accommodate such requests. This process involves manual interceptions our manufacturers are not in the position to offer for the time being due to high order volume, and the additional production and shipping delays this may cause on other orders. We recommend updating your customer service policies and extending the pending time on your orders so as leave more room for changes before the orders are sent to production.