Check out some guidelines and recommendations when creating your designs for your Cut and Sew Products!
Recommended file specifications
Use these guidelines to easily create cut-and-sew products such as throw pillows, placemats, tea towels, etc. See the full list of cut-and-sew products in the table below.
Creating Artwork in Photoshop or another image editing software
Create your artwork for the largest item you plan to offer in your store. You may have to create different versions of your art if you offer different variants of a different aspect ratio (square pillow vs. lumbar pillow).
When you’re designing your artwork, please keep important elements like text within the safe area.
When you upload your image to the Gooten Admin, we automatically resize your image to fit within the print area, so you don’t need to resize your artwork for the different size throw pillows you plan on offer. Still, we recommend you double-check that it fits within the print area.
How the products are printed
Cut-and-sewn products are printed on white or off-white fabric for the best color accuracy.
The different fabrics have slightly different colors and textures that will create small differences in the color of your final printed product.
Important notes to remember
- Patterns and full-bleed images usually turn out the best.
- Exact placement and pattern alignment are not guaranteed.
- It’s not possible to perfectly align patterns or images from front to back.
- For best results, design your product in CMYK, but save your PNG/JPG as sRGB
- Disclaimer for pillow corners: the corners are not always fully punched out before shipping, so do this upon receipt to achieve a crisp and clean look