There a few issues that can prevent the orders from being sent to production or getting delivered to your customers. In this article, we have listed the reasons that typically cause these problems and how to prevent or correct them.
What are Address Issues?
- When you submit an order to our system, our validation tool automatically checks the delivery address and suggests changes or will make corrections if necessary. This is typically due to missing or incorrect information (street/house number, postal code, etc.). This can also be caused by entering an address that is not written in the English alphabet.
Do I have to use the suggested address?
- When we correct or suggest a new address, you can choose to ignore it if you think the address you entered is 100% correct.
What happens once I update the address if my order is stuck with an Address Issue status?
- Once the address is updated with a correct address, the order status will be updated.
Will my order get canceled if it's stuck in the Address Issue?
- If you have an order with an order status that is stuck with an Address Issue and if you have not made any changes within 45 days from the order submission date, your order will be canceled by our team. Please be sure to make any address changes within the 45 days or before your order is sent to production.
Will Gooten cover the costs of a replacement if I entered the wrong address and I never got my ordered package?
- Gooten is not responsible for covering the costs of a replacement order in the case that the address entered is not submitted in the proper format.
What are the causes of image issues?
- Orders can get stuck in this status as soon as they are submitted due to various reasons that include but are not limited to the following:
- Incorrect color profile - CMYK or Index instead RGB
- Broken image links
- Special characters in the file name such as ~ ^ #
- Server issues
- Google Drive links
- We recommend using Dropbox for your image links
What happens when my order is in the image issue status?
- Your order will remain in this image issue status until it is resolved by you. We recommend that you review your submitted image and double-check that there are no errors with the image. Please ensure that your image issue isn't caused by any of the issues above and once it is fixed, the status will be updated.
Vendor API Issues
What is the Vendor API Issue status?
- That there is a temporary outage between our API and the manufacturer's API
- That there is an issue with the submitted image and our team needs to make adjustments to push it through to production.
What happens when my order is in this status?
- Our data team is handling the orders that end up in the Vendor API Issue status daily and most of the time, no action is required on your side.
- On rare occasions where the image must get replaced, we will put your order on Hold and send you an email with an explanation of why the order is on hold and how to fix it.
What is the Shipping Issue status?
- When you have an order in the Shipping Issue status, the Shipment tab for your order is the best place to start. Orders can get stuck in this status due to reasons that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Incorrect or incomplete shipping address
- Delays caused by carrier issues, closed business addresses, no safe place to leave the package
- Packages being destroyed by the shipping carrier due to a damaged that occurred in transit
- Packages that are returning to Gooten or our Vendors
What do I need to do when I have an order in this status?
- When this issue occurs, we recommend reaching out to your customer and have them confirm their shipping address to make sure no essential information was mistyped or omitted from the address provided at the time of placing the order. If the customer's address matches the one with the order, please reach out to the Partner Support Team, and we will do our best to rectify the issue in accordance with our policies.