Gooten offers custom neck labels for many of our most popular apparel products!
- Creating custom neck labels for your apparel products
- Adding neck labels during the product creation process
- Neck Label FAQ
Once a neck label is created, you may use it on any apparel model supporting neck labels.
Neck labels are pre-filled with size, country of origin, material type, and care instructions. This information is printed in Pantone Cool Grey 6C (#A7A8AA), visible in both light and dark colors. Please download our PSD template here for a preview of the layout and content.
- The maximum print space for the neck label image is 2.5 inches (W) x 1 inch (H). Images smaller than the maximum size will be centered horizontally and vertically in the print space.
Creating custom neck labels for your apparel products
Check out the steps below to the video to learn how to add neck labels for your apparel products!
There are two ways to create custom neck labels for your apparel products:
- In Your Account Settings under Add-Ons
- During Product Creation
In Your Account Settings under Add-Ons
1. On your Account Settings page, select the Add-Ons tab.
2. Here, you'll find the Branded Neck Labels section, which shows all of your current neck labels.
3. Click on the Create New button.
- A pop-up window titled 'Neck Label' will appear.
4. Create a unique name for your new label and upload the 2.5 inches (W) x 1 inch (H) image.
5. Click Save once you're done.
Once the neck label is saved, you will see it added to your Add-Ons' neck labels list. The new label is available for immediate use during product creation.
Adding neck labels during the product creation process
1. Go to your Product Hub and select the Add New Product button.
2. Select an apparel model that currently supports neck tags.
- See the bottom of this article for the full list of models.
3. Choose the colors and sizes you would like to offer in your store. Select Continue.
4. Upload the artwork for your product(s) and make any image adjustments. Select Continue.
5. On the Product Details page, fill in the product title, product description, and make any pricing changes.
6. Scroll to the bottom right side of this page, and you'll find the Neck Labels section.
7. Use the drop-down menu to select your previously created neck labels, or you may create a new label by selecting the Create New button.
- If you select Create New, a popup window titled 'Neck Label' will appear.
- Name your new label and upload the 2.5in. (W) x 1in. (H) image. The process is the same as if you were creating it in the Add-Ons tab in your Settings.
9. Once you save the new label, the base pricing for your products will automatically update to include the $2.00 per item charge.
10. Publish your new product to your store or save the listing to your storage.
Neck Label FAQ
Are neck labels available for all your apparel products?
Not all SKU variants are available with neck labels. You can also see the products with neck labels in the Product Hub when creating your products in Gooten.
What happens when you try to order products with neck labels that are out of stock?
Please note that you or your customers cannot order products with neck labels out of stock. This applies to ordering manually through our system or an integration (Etsy, Shopify, etc.). You still may be able to order the original product if the item is available/in stock.
For example, if you order an apparel product out of stock with neck labels manually through our system, you'll receive tooltips and errors notifying that the product is out of stock. In this case, we prevent you from ordering out of stock products.
If you or your customer orders an apparel product out of stock with neck labels through an integration (Etsy, Shopify, etc.), the order will be rejected within our Gooten system. The order is rejected, and you won't find the order in the system due to the product being out of stock.
- If you want to continue selling those products, you can prevent your order from being rejected in our system by removing the neck label options if you notice that the product with neck labels is out of stock. In this scenario, some apparel products that don't have neck labels can be substituted for a similar garment if the originally ordered product is out of stock. Please refer to our Apparel Substitution Policy.
What happens when your product with neck labels gets rerouted to a different vendor that doesn't support neck labels?
Your products with neck labels can be rerouted to our other vendors to maintain production at an efficient pace. Please be aware that some of these other vendors do not support the neck label feature. When this happens, you or your customer will receive the product without the neck label, and you will not be charged for the additional neck label costs.