Shipping doesn't have to be a hassle. We've broken down the costs, types, delivery time, and labeling information, so you know what to expect.
Overview of costs
Shipping prices are calculated based on the customer's location and the shipping method you select at the time of placing the order. The shipping cost combined with the item cost equals the total order cost.
You can estimate shipping costs per product and location by using our Shipping Calculator. We also offer flat shipping for a number of our products, including apparel printed in the US. Find out more about flat shipping here.
- If you are using Shopify, please check out this article to learn how to configure your shipping costs
- If you're using our API integration, you'll be able to pull shipping cost estimates through our API for each order. Check out our documentation here to learn how to implement this for your site.
- If you're selling on Etsy or submitting orders via our Custom Order Form, you'll be charged shipping on a per order basis, and you will be able to select the shipping method.
The way we charge shipping differs from product to product depending on the following parameters:
- Vendor location (where the product is printed)
- The carrier used
- The shipping method selected
- Shipping destination
Shipping is primarily calculated based on the box items that the products are shipped in. Boxes will hold a certain number of products, which means there is a specific weight per box. Our shipping fees are based on this "box rate" calculation, unlike products that include flat shipping.
Also, if you're ordering products and shipping it within certain US territories, they will also have different pricing and shipping times. These US territories include Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
We suggest you consult our Shipping Calculator for estimated shipping rates when deciding what to charge your customers for each product.
If an order is printed by different vendors (for instance, your order contains a mug and a canvas wrap), you will be charged for two packages, as they are being shipped from two separate locations. Due to the nature of our relationships with vendors, only our shipping account may be used for delivering packages.
Calculate shipping in the hub
You can check our shipping prices through our Shipping Calculator
Flat rate shipping means that we offer fixed shipping rates for certain products and destination countries, which will help you simplify the time-consuming process of figuring out the best way to set up the shipping costs in your store.
Below you'll find a list of products that are shipped with a flat shipping
- ACCESSORIES: Accessory pouches, Compact mirrors, Cosmetic bags, Kiss-cut stickers, Koozies, Neckties, Pin-back buttons, Tote bags, Laundry bags, Weekender Totes.
- KIDS: Baby beanies, Baby bibs, Burp cloths, Crib sheets, Infant headbands, Sherpa blankets (infant sizes), Changing Pad Covers
- WALL ART: All canvas products (minis, tabletop, wraps, framed, posters), Acrylic prints, Art posters, Metal Prints, Wall clings, Wall Calendars
- CARDS AND STATIONERY: Flat cards and Folded cards
- ALL APPAREL PRODUCED IN THE US
The full list of products and variants with flat shipping can be found HERE.
Another factor you should be mindful of when selecting the products you wish to offer is where your target market is located. Choosing products that are manufactured closest to your end customers means reduced shipping costs. To find out where products will ship from:
1. Navigate to the Product Catalog while logged in to your Gooten account
2. Hover over an item you'd like to sell and select 'Pick This'
3. Select the regions you would like to ship to, and the available product variants for that region will populate below
If you're shipping products internationally, please keep in mind that shipping costs are higher when sending from US-based facilities. Delivery times are longer (it may take up to 21 business days due to customs delays), and not all products have consolidated shipping when shipping internationally.
You can check out this document for the production locations for our products.
The correct format for shipping addresses
Our manufacturers accept up to 35 characters per Address Line, and all addresses need to be submitted in the English alphabet. Please note that Gooten is not responsible for covering the costs of a replacement order in the case that the address is not submitted properly.
- Please double-check the shipping address to ensure it is correct.
- Additionally, we suggest filling in both Address Lines 1 and 2 as the more details the address has, the more likely it is to be delivered to the proper address.
Shipping to military addresses and PO Boxes
If you want to place an order for a military address, this may be done by placing the order via a CSV file.
CSV upload is currently the only way we can fulfill orders for military addresses. To see how it works, please check out this article.
- IMPORTANT: Please place APO, FPO, or AE in the state column
- Please bear in mind that APO/AE/FPO shipments are considered international shipments and may take upwards of several weeks for delivery due to customs and military mail processes.
The transit time for each order depends on the shipping method chosen at the checkout. Gooten currently offers standard, expedited, and overnight shipping for the majority of the products shipped to the US and standard for most international orders.
The production time is not included in the shipping time estimates. Shipping time is the time it takes for the item to be shipped whereas the production time is the time it takes to print the product before shipping.
Please note that there may be variances in ship dates and these times are subject to change. Click here to view the current shipping and production times.
International shipments may take up to 21 business days in transit but are usually delivered within 1-3 weeks from the ship date through DHL.
We have also experienced instances where an order may take upwards of a month to deliver. Not all tracking events may be represented in real-time and this causes a shipment to appear stalled at a particular place/event. There are also other factors beyond our control that may extend the delivery window, including but not limited to:
• Packages being handled by multiple carriers, when handed off to local carriers
• Local customs department processing time
For these reasons, we are unable to guarantee a delivery date with certainty for international deliveries.