For the latest news about extended production and shipping time frames, please check the Production and Shipping Times page.
Once you create your first product and place your order, you will probably be wondering what will happen next. Let's take a look at the process.
Day 0: Your customer places an order; we accept the order from you and then hold the order in our system for a two-hour wait period (“pending” time). After those two hours, we automatically route your order to the vendor for production. If your account is not set up for immediate fulfillment, your order will first go to NeedsManualApproval and our team will push it to print after we've reviewed your submitted images (this may take up to 1 bus. day). You can find more information about this process here.
Days 1-6: Our vendors typically take between 0-6 business days to produce your order before it is shipped. Production delays can occur sometimes which may result in taking upwards to 9 business days to produce your product and this can be dependent on the type of product being produced.
- The first day of production is the first business day after the order is placed.
- Weekends are not included in production time, even though many of our vendors do staff their production lines over the weekend.
Day 3-6: Tracking is added to your order when the vendor prints a shipping label, and that label is scanned by a shipping carrier like USPS or UPS. Once your order is marked as 'Shipped,' please allow up to 48 hours for the tracking link to update.
Day 6+: Depending on the shipping method and your customer's location, the delivery itself may take up to 12 business days in the US or up to 30 business days if you’re shipping products produced in the US internationally.
- Most US domestic packages sent with standard shipping arrive within 12 business days.
- Expedited deliveries usually arrive within 6 business days
- Overnight shipping typically arrives within 4 business days.
- Shipping packages internationally are usually delivered within 30 days from the ship date through DHL or USPS Priority International.
Unfortunately, not all tracking events are recorded with shipping internationally, and this may make a package appear "stuck" at a place/event (like border entry).
There are some factors beyond our control that may extend the delivery window, including but not limited to:
- Packages may be handled by multiple carriers
- Local customs department processing time
- Failed delivery attempts for incomplete or inaccessible addresses
For these reasons, we cannot guarantee a delivery date with certainty for international deliveries, so we recommend you to please plan accordingly.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can track shipments and deliveries on your Gooten orders page
- If you're worried that your order is moving too slowly, you should know that we have a full team of Operations Analysts that monitor every order in our system and communicate daily with our vendors
- Please remember that Gooten only has access to the same shipping links available on your orders page.