Connect my Shopify store
Connecting your Shopify store is quick and easy. Please follow the steps below:
1. Download the Gooten app via the Shopify apps store.
- This will take you to the installation page. Sign in to your Gooten account and proceed with the installation.
2. To add the store via the Gooten platform, go on your Stores page and click the Connect new store button.
3. Click on the Shopify option as your platform.
4. Then you can add your myshopify.url in Gooten and hit Connect store for installation.
This can be done for however many stores you want to install, but please note that one Shopify store can only be connected to one Gooten account.
Additionally, check out our brief tutorial video:
Create new products
Once your store is connected to Gooten, you can start creating new products in the Product Hub.
Start by clicking on the Add New Product button, and work your way through the Product and Design pages, until you get to the last step at the Save and Publish page.
This is where you will be able to edit the product name, description, SKUs, and product prices before publishing the product to your Shopify store. For more details, please check out the following video tutorial.
Sync existing listings
If you want to sync and add new variants to an already existing listing in your Shopify store, please follow these steps below. Shopify allows up to 100 variants within a product and 250 images associated with a given product.
1. In Shopify, create/add new variants for products to sync to Gooten.
- Shopify has a video tutorial that explains the process, and you can find it here.
2. After saving those newly created variants, go into your Gooten Product Hub for that store, click on the Shopify tab, and then click on the Sync product button.
3. Select to sync a product name you edited in your store
4. Select the product you are connecting to Gooten
5. Select the SKUs that you want to connect to your Shopify product variants. Repeat this step for each of the variants or you can use the Skip option if you want to leave any of them out of the syncing process
6. Once you've connected the variants, click on the Continue to upload artwork button to design the product and go through the rest of the syncing process
To see our short video tutorial about syncing your existing products, please check out the video below:
You can change the name and the description of the product in your Shopify store directly or by editing the product in Gooten and going all the way to the Publish page. However, editing the product options can’t be done via the Hub and you need to adjust it in your store.
Additionally while editing, you can adjust the image in any way or you can add a new image altogether. The design page is all yours. But please note that you can't change SKUs, delete them or add new ones.