A short guide to help troubleshoot common errors encountered when connecting a WooCommerce site.
Unable to connect the store
- Have you tried clearing out cache and cookies? Very often this simple step will help because it will fix certain problems, like loading or formatting issues.
- Is your pop-up/ad block extension turned off? Gooten requires you to disable your pop-up blocker when you're trying to connect your WooCommerce store.
- Are you adding the correct domain name and is it matching? You can update this in your settings here. If your site redirects, for example, from `store.com` to `www.store.com`, you need to connect with `www.store.com` Also, make sure to add the correct domain name - use www.mywoostore.com instead of mywoostore.com.
- Are you sure that you are using a hosting provider supported by Gooten? Our integration works well with SiteGround, Bluehost, DreamHost, Liquid Web, Kinsta, WP Engine. More about these provides can be found here.
- Is your site’s SSL setup correctly? Contact your service provider's technical support to ensure the site’s SSL is set up correctly.
- Is your site using not using HTTPS? Gooten cannot connect to a site using HTTP.
- Does your Woo URL have a subfolder? Change your store name to one that does not use subfolders. This integration does not allow the use of subfolders when connecting your store. If your store URL is www.yourdomain.com/shop you must use www.yourdomain.com to connect your store.
- Have you checked your version of the WooCommerce plugin? We currently support WooCommerce plugin version 5.1+.
Failed or delayed orders
Is the customer’s phone number included? The phone number should always be obligatory for your orders. To correct this, go to your PayPal settings and select “Require Phone Number." Please note that orders will not resubmit to Gooten once a phone number is added to the order in WooCommerce. Please submit this order through our Custom Order Form to prevent missed fulfillment.
Did you capture the payment? Verify that the payment for the order was processed. Orders with pending or failed payments will not be submitted to Gooten.
Is the variant from the failed order connected to the Gooten product? In order to avoid failed orders, please make sure all of the variants that should be fulfilled through Gooten are actually connected to the Gooten products.
- Receiving errors with orders not being sent through in regards to the products? Ensure that each product has a distinct SKU name. Placing multiple products under the same SKU name will cause errors when orders are sent through.
Your orders for Gooten-fulfilled products not going through? Verify that Gooten-fulfilled products on your site are connected to published products in your Gooten account. We will not receive order notifications if products are not linked.
- If you're running into issues when you start receiving orders for Gooten-fulfilled product. Check your orders page to ensure your store is connected properly and orders are flowing through. Verify that shipping charges are correctly billed to your customers (Gooten’s shipping plugin is required)
Unable to create/edit products
Can’t edit and existing product - Did you change your hosting company? A change in hosting companies will likely cause the inability to add or change existing products. Please delete the products you are unable to edit and recreate them through the Gooten Product Hub.
There’s an error about the site being broken after every 5-10 created products. Reach out to WooCommerce support and request they set up POST requests for API.
- My shipping rules are not set up correctly? We recommend leaving the Shipping Rules in their default settings.
Store connection issues
|Description of the Problem||Solution|
|Error Message: "An error occurred in the request and at the time we were unable to send the consumer data."||
This error can be caused by using a hosting provider that isn't optimized for our platform. As each hosting provider has different rules/policies which may block the WooCommerce auth URL.
1. Add the correct domain name - use www.mywoostore.com instead of mywoostore.com
2. If you receive this error while trying to log in (after your store is connected), try deactivating your plugins one at a time. Once you have logged in successfully, you can reactivate the plugins on your site.
Error Message: "Received fatal alert: handshake_failure"
|Contact your service provider's technical support to ensure the site’s SSL is set up correctly.|
Error Message: "woocommerce_rest_authentication_error"
Error Message: "Invalid signature - provided signature does not match
|Verify that the URL for your site does not redirect. If your store is located at www.mywoostore.com/shop you must use www.mywoostore.com when connecting your site.|
|Error Message: "Missing parameter app_name"||
The server hosting your WordPress and WooCommerce (likely an NGINX configuration) is ignoring query string variables. Contact your hosting company to have this issue resolved.
|Description of the Problem||Solution|
|Some countries are unavailable in the shipping section.||
This integration supports shipments to the following countries:
We will be expanding these shipping zones in the future. For now, orders shipping outside of this list may be placed through our Custom Order Form.
|Products fulfilled by Gooten and another POD provider are charged twice for shipping (4 shipping fees for 2 items).||This is a conflict of cart management plugins between your other POD providers and Gooten. To correct this, simply disable the Gooten shipping plugin when using multiple POD providers.|
|Error Message: "There are no shipping options available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help"||
Shipping zones and shipping methods are created when a store is connected, and a product is created. To correct this error, open the product in your WooCommerce Admin and under 'Shipping' locate the shipping class (Gooten-xxx). Go to 'Shipping Classes' in your WooCommerce Admin and delete that shipping class. Finally, recreate the same product via our portal, and it will push shipping costs for that product class to WooCommerce and apply them to each shipping zone.
Alternative Solution: For products with flat rate shipping, edit the shipping class by adding the formula for standard shipping:
Shipping cost for 1 item + [(Quantity-1) * shipping cost for an additional item]
For example, if you sell 4 of the same product and the flat rate shipping charge is $4.50 for the first item, and $2.00 for each additional item, your total cost is:
$4.50 + [(4 - 1) * $2.00] = $13.50
|I’d like to provide free shipping only after spending a certain amount or by using a coupon code.||Our integration does not provide free shipping or coupon options at this time. We recommend installing the discount/coupon code plugin of your choice to achieve this.|
|Description of the Problem||Solution|
Orders are not syncing with Gooten
Error Message: " 'Phone' must be between 1 and 35 characters. You entered 0 characters."
The phone number is missing from your order. To correct this, go to your PayPal settings and select “Require Phone Number."
*** Orders will not resubmit to Gooten once a phone number is added to the order in WooCommerce. Please submit this order through our Custom Order Form to prevent missed fulfillment.
|Orders are delayed or not coming through||
Verify that the payment for the order was processed. Orders with pending or failed payments will not be submitted to Gooten.
Our integration receives webhooks that are sent by your WooCommerce hosting service. The timing of these webhooks depends exclusively on your hosting provider. If you are experiencing delays with your successfully placed orders showing in your Gooten account, please contact your hosting company to request assistance.
Product Creation Issues
|Description of the problem||Solution|
Error Message: "Your website is broken"
*** Usually occurs when syncing products with more than 20 SKUs.
|Reach out to WooCommerce support and request they set up POST requests for API.|
|A change in hosting companies caused the inability to add or change existing products||Delete the products you are unable to edit and recreate them through the Gooten Product Hub.|
Unable to connect products.
Error Message: "Something went wrong"
|Your WooCommerce URL likely has a subfolder. Change your store name to one that does not use subfolders.|
In case none of the above-mentioned solutions helped resolve the issue you are having, please feel free to reach out to our Partner Support team and provide all of the necessary information listed below, so we could have our team and the Developers investigate the issue further for you.
The necessary information:
What are the steps you took?
Could you please record your steps while having the console open? (You can find some more information on how to open a console here)
What is the exact product you have selected? (where applicable)
What is the shipping address? (where applicable)
Could you please provide a screenshot of the failed order in store admin, making sure the product names, order ID and customer information are clearly visible in the screenshot? (where applicable)
Could you please let us know what your hosting provider is, which WooCommerce plugin version are you using and if your store had already been connected to a Gooten account? (where applicable)