Learn how to connect your Etsy store and start using Gooten with your Etsy shop!
- Connect my Etsy store
- Create new products
- Sync existing products
- Edit Products - Gooten vs. Etsy
- Import time for Etsy orders
- Set up shipping
- Etsy Email Notifications
Connect my Etsy store
Connecting your Etsy store is quick and easy. Please follow the steps below:
1. To add the store via the Gooten platform, go on your Stores page and click the Connect new store button.
3. Click on the Etsy option as your platform.
4. Then, you can add your Etsy store name URL in Gooten and hit Connect store for installation.
You can do this for however many stores you want to install, but please note that You can only connect one Etsy store to one Gooten account.
Additionally, check out our brief tutorial video:
Changing the name of your Etsy store
If you ever plan to change your store name in the Etsy Shop Manager, you must log out of your Etsy store in the Gooten Admin first and then log back into your Etsy store. This will essentially allow Gooten to update your Etsy store with the new name you changed it to in the Etsy Shop Manager.
1. The first step is to change your store name in the Etsy Shop Manager
2. After the name is changed you need to go back to Gooten Product Hub. On the Product Hub, select the Etsy tab and click on the button with the triple dots.
3. Once you click on the button, you will have the option to log out from your Etsy store.
- You need to log out of the store once and afterward, you need to log back into your Etsy store again.
This process won't disconnect your store from Gooten. The products will remain connected, and it will update the Gooten Hub with your new updated store name.
Create new products
Once your store is connected to Gooten, you can start creating new products in the Product Hub.
Start by clicking on the Add New Product button, and work your way through the Product and Design pages until you get to the last step at the Product Details page.
This is where you will be able to edit the product name, description, SKUs, and product prices before publishing the product to your Etsy store.
Once you save your product, it will appear in your Etsy admin within seconds.
- In case you need to make any changes before publishing the product, make sure that you have the Push to store as draft option selected before saving the product.
For more details, please check out the following video tutorial:
Sync existing products
Gooten will not receive orders for products published on your Etsy site if the product is not linked to your Gooten account.
If you want to sync and add new variants to an existing listing in your Etsy store, please follow the steps below.
1. In Etsy, create/add new variants for products to sync to Gooten.
2. After saving those newly created variants, go into your Gooten Product Hub for that store, click on the Etsy tab, and then click on the Sync product button.
3. Select the product that you want to sync to Gooten.
4. Select the product you are connecting to Gooten
5. Select a matching product SKU that you want to connect to your Etsy product variant.
- Repeat this step for each of the variants, or you can use the Skip option if you want to leave any of them out of the syncing process.
6. Once you've connected the variants, click on the Continue to upload artwork button to design the product and go through the rest of the syncing process
To see our short video tutorial about syncing your existing products, please check out the video below:
Edit Products in Gooten vs. Etsy
In the Product Hub, you can change the name of the product listed in your Etsy store, its description, type, collection, and tags. You can also edit product prices within the Hub!
If you've published a product to your Etsy store and would like to make it unavailable for ordering, you can select the product and click Unpublish.
Additionally, while editing, you can adjust the image in any way or add a new image altogether.
Scenarios when Etsy products are disconnecting from Gooten
You may notice that your Etsy store's products are disconnecting with Gooten after making product changes in your Etsy Shop Manager. Below are some scenarios to keep in mind when making product changes in your Etsy Shop Manager that may or may not cause your product to disconnect.
Products in your Etsy store may lose their connection with Gooten if the options for your variants are changed (added/removed) in your Etsy Shop Manager.
Etsy variants depend on their options - if you add or remove an option within the product, Etsy’s backend will create a new variant ID. The variant ID that was previously connected to your product will no longer be valid, and you will lose the connection between Gooten and your Etsy listing. Gooten will also remove the product from your Product Hub, but you may use the Sync Product button to connect it again.
Please note that Gooten will disconnect your products in the following scenarios:
- If you add a new option for the product variants in your Etsy Shop Manager
- If you remove an option from your listing’s variants in your Etsy Shop Manager.
Please note that even if you remove an option and add it again with the same name, the listing will remain disconnected.
- If, after creating and connecting the listing to us, you click on "I offer more than one" option in "Capacity," Etsy will save it as a new option for the product variant, thus disconnecting the product entirely from Gooten. If you don’t want to make the change, you can deselect "I offer more than one," and Etsy will make no updates. Please see the screenshot below for a more detailed explanation:
Your products will not be disconnected if you:
- Update the name of an existing option in a product in Etsy Shop Manager (without removing or adding a new option)
- Update shipping options, product title, images, description, category, renewal options, other optional product info, section, tags, materials, production partners, SKU names, quantity, or prices for the product variants in Etsy Shop Manager.
Import time for Etsy orders
Orders that are imported from Etsy may take up to 24 hours to reach our system. Typically orders will enter our system within 2-4 hours. This processing time is dependent on the Etsy servers.
Set up shipping
Shipping methods and tracking
All orders submitted through our Etsy integration are submitted to Gooten automatically using our standard shipping method, and our shipping templates are automatically allocated. Tracking numbers are sent from Gooten to Etsy; however, please note that at the moment, there are some limitations to the process. As Etsy doesn’t allow the order to be partially fulfilled or have multiple tracking numbers submitted, as soon as one item in the order gets the tracking code, the whole order will be marked as completed and shipped on the Etsy end, which will send the notification to you and the customer.
We suggest adding a note or a disclaimer on your end so that your customers would be aware that if they ordered more than one item, the products might come in multiple packages.
Our system will assign flat shipping prices to your Etsy product on the condition that flat shipping is available for the product or a non-flat rate price if it's not available. Please note that the shipping price should be double-checked for each US state in the latter case, as this template will assign the price for the 1st zone only.
This template will also automatically pull our shipping rates. If your customer's country is not listed in our shipping template, they will see a notification that the product cannot be shipped to their country upon viewing the listing. Please note that you can have only one shipping template per Etsy listing, regardless of how many variants you have under it.
Shipping templates provided by Gooten also have Expedited and Overnight methods. To enable these options, please navigate to your Etsy Shipping Settings and enable Shipping upgrades and then adjust the methods in the Gooten shipping templates.
Be aware that if shipping prices increase, Gooten does not automatically update your prices for your products to accommodate the increased shipping prices. If you would like to accommodate any shipping price increases in your product, make sure you manually update your product prices in your store.
Etsy shipping template change
Etsy has implemented a new rule that affects existing and new shipping profile templates in Etsy. For all existing product listings and newly created products in Etsy, the shipping profiles for those product listings now require an Origin zip code, a Shipping Carrier, and the Delivery Time.
Our Gooten shipping template has been updated for you with this new Etsy change. Our team updated the shipping profile template that we sent to Etsy to include the new fields and information you need for the shipping template. If your shipping template hasn't been updated with the new fields populated by us, you can also manually add the missing information.
As an Etsy partner, you can also manually update your shipping profile templates for newly created products in Etsy and whenever your product listings need to be renewed. Follow the steps below to know what to fill out for your shipping profile,
1. Navigate to your Shipping settings page and click on the Update button for the shipping profile to provide any missing information.
- Your shipping profiles may be missing the new information that is required by Etsy.
- You also have the option to set the Origin ZIP for all shipping profiles at once using the Origin ZIP edit button.
2. While editing the shipping profile, you'll need to provide the information for the Country of origin, Origin zip code, Processing time, Shipping carrier, and Delivery time.
3. Please fill out the mandatory fields for the shipping profile with the following information:
- Country of origin - This field will be automatically changed when you enter the Origin zip code. If it doesn't automatically change, you can select the United States as the value.
- Origin zip code - This is the new required field and we recommend you to use the Gooten HQ's zip code which is 10003.
- Processing time - We recommend you set this value to 3-5 business days as this is the typical time it takes to process and produce the products.
- Shipping carrier - This field is newly required and you have the option to select either a major carrier or select "Other". We recommend that you select "Other" but if that value doesn't work, you can select any major carrier.
- Delivery time/Mail class - This field is newly required and the values for this can vary depending on what you selected for the shipping carrier. We recommend a total of 12 business days between the Processing time and the Delivery time. Since you're setting the Processing time to 3-5 days, you want to set the delivery time to be around 7-8 days or select the mail class that closest resembles the 7-8 day timeframe.
- If you selected "Other", the Delivery time would be set to 7-8 business days.
- If you selected "USPS" as the carrier, the Delivery time would be set to USPS Parcel Select Ground (2-9 business days).
Supported shipping destinations
Etsy shipping options usually show only several shipping destinations, not including all of the countries listed in the back-end. In general, if a product in our catalog is available for Worldwide shipping, it can be shipped to almost anywhere, with a few exceptions that You can find here.
Free shipping option
If you decide to offer free shipping, you can change the fixed rate in the Gooten shipping template to the "Free shipping" option and then build the shipping fee into the retail product price. We suggest that you check our US shipping fees before updating your product pricing and note the shipping cost for each item not to undercharge your customers. Alternatively, you can use Etsy's Smart Pricing Tool, which will help adjust your item prices to recover shipping.
Once the order is dispatched, tracking numbers are sent from Gooten to Etsy; however, please note that at the moment, there are some limitations to the process. As Etsy doesn’t allow the order to be partially fulfilled or have multiple tracking numbers submitted, as soon as one item in the order gets the tracking code, the whole order will be marked as completed and shipped on the Etsy end, which will send the notification to you and the customer.
Etsy Email Notifications
Etsy automatically sends order confirmation emails to whoever places the order. Once the order is marked as fulfilled in our system, Etsy will automatically pull the shipping information from our system and send a shipping notification email to your customer.
There is an option to set up email notifications that are sent from Gooten. Still, if you have set up email notifications both from Gooten and from the Etsy platform, your customer will be receiving duplicate shipping notification emails. We suggest enabling email notifications for only one of those two options.